Escape to the peaceful remoteness of the Karkloof Nature Reserve to honeymoon at Rockwood. Spend quality time as newly weds at one of our unique and tranquil lodges in the nature reserve or on Spitzkop Farm. Enjoy romantic walks to secluded waterfalls. Relax in comfort with beautiful views. Do as much or as little as you want.
- Morning: Enjoy the Karkloof Canopy Tour as you leap into a thrilling four hour zip line adventure over the beautiful treed canopy of the Karkloof Forest. The Karkloof Canopy Tour consists of 12 platforms and 10 zip-line slides. Rockwood Guests receive discounts when booking through us.
- Afternoon: Explore and swim in one of the numerous dams or rivers. There are several splash pools in the river around Forest Lodge, weirs for tubing or swimming close to Mountain Cabin and a dam for guests of Farm House and Farm Cottage with tubes and canoes.
- Evening: Cook a delicious meal on our Big Green Eggs with charcoal supplied and snuggle up in your lodge or cottage in front of a warm fire or heater to play board games or cards.
- Morning: Choose from one of our many trails. Put on those hiking boots or rent a bike and take to one of our self-guided trails.
- Afternoon: Explore the markets and coffee shops for a yummy and well deserved lunch.
- Evening: Enjoy the views with some refreshing sundowners.
- Morning: Wake to bird sounds. Pack a picnic and venture to one of our many waterfalls to enjoy the tranquil sound of water and nature. Birding on the forest fringes: can offer some excellent rewards to the avid bird lover.
- Afternoon: Nothing beats and afternoon sleep with the best views.